This 2-day course is the Leading Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) training. It includes training and exercises to help understand the material and the application of the material. The class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA). In this course you will learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, build an Agile Portfolio, conduct agile planning meetings, lead a Lean-Agile transformation on an enterprise scale, transfer traditional systems engineering tasks on Large-Scale Agile Programs, gain the Lean-Agile mindset, apply the principles and practices of SAFe to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
During this course participants will:
- Learn Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Gain and Embrace a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understand SAFe Principles
- Experience Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Plan and review using Six Thinking Hats
- Implement an Agile Release Train
- Execute and Release Value
- Build an Agile Portfolio
- Coordinate Large Value Streams
- Lead a Lean-Agile transformation on an Enterprise scale
- Learn the traditional systems engineering tasks and how they are performed on Large-Scale Agile Programs
Who Should Attend
Individuals in an organization who make the decisions regarding the business direction will benefit from this course in addition to individuals who are responsible for funding future technical development. Others who should take this course are:
- Executive and Leader, Manager, Directors, Chief Information Officers and Vice Presidents
- Those in Development, Quality Assurance and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Portfolio Managers, Program Management Office (PMO) Members and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Systems and Solution Architects
Workbooks from Scaled Agile Inc. and de Bono Group, LLC. will be provided as part of the course fee. These workbooks are for course participants only, are not available electronically, and are not for sale. Course attendees will become certified in Six Thinking Hats. Attending the class also prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
Coordinator and Lecturer
Phyllis R. Marbach, retired from The Boeing Company Defense Space and Security Division as a senior software engineer in 2016. Phyllis has over 35 years of experience in aerospace programs including satellite ground stations, chemical lasers, the International Space Station, and various propulsion systems. Phyllis was a Boeing Designated Expert in agile software development, software engineering and systems engineering. The past eight years in her role as an Agile Coach for Boeing, she coached commercial airplane, unmanned air systems, radio, avionics, and research programs.
Currently she is a Scaled Agile Framework™ 4 Program Consultant and Immediate Past President of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Los Angeles chapter, the second largest chapter in the United States. Phyllis has a Master of Science degree in engineering from the University of California – Los Angeles. She is also a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
Phyllis is an author and co-author of a number of papers including “The Role of Systems Engineering in Large-Scale Agile Projects” published in INCOSE INSIGHT Volume 17 Issue 2, July 2014 and “Principles of Agile Development“ published in INCOSE INSIGHT Volume 18 Issue 3, Oct 2015.
For more information contact the Short Course Program Office:
email@example.com | (310) 825-3858 office