5-Day Short Course
The objective of the course is to help TRIZ users gain advanced-level experience in applying TRIZ and higher aptitude in working on their real-life problems. It consists of 40 hours of instruction and 30 hours of homework assignments.
Successful completion of Designing and Manufacturing Better Products Faster Using TRIZ. Participants should also bring a real-life problem or project to class.
The texts, Designing and Manufacturing Better Products Faster Using TRIZ, Zinovy Royzen (TRIZ Consulting, Inc., 2006) and TRIZ Case Studies, Zinovy Royzen (TRIZ Consulting, Inc., 2006)
Coordinator and Lecturer
Zinovy Royzen, MS, is the founder and president of TRIZ Consulting, Inc., Seattle, Washington. He is a TRIZ Master certified by Genrich Altshuller, the creator of TRIZ. Mr. Royzen cofounded and is a former director of Altshuller Institute for TRIZ Studies. He is a leading TRIZ consultant, project facilitator, trainer, and developer.
Mr. Royzen has led workshops and provided consultation to organizations including The Boeing Company, Eastman-Kodak, Ford Motor Company, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Hewlett-Packard, Illinois Tool Works, Kimberly-Clark, LG Electronics, Lucent Technologies, National Semiconductor, NASA, Philips Semiconductors, Rolls-Royce, Samsung, Siemens, Thermo King Corporation, and Xerox. He holds 29 patents. Mr. Royzen holds a MS in mechanical engineering, has authored key TRIZ papers, and has conducted courses for UCLA Extension since 1997.
- Analysis of a Situation and Problem Formulation
- Ideal Ways (The Best Directions to Design the Ideal Product or Process)
- Solving a Class of Problems called an Insufficient Function
- Solving a Class of Problems called a Conflict
- Solving a Class of Problems called a Harmful or Unwanted Function
- Solving a Class of Problems called Measurement
- Solving a Class of Problems Revealing the Causes of a Failure
- Accelerated Development of the New Generation of Products and Processes by Applying Technological Forecast
- Developing Maximum Usage of a Solution
- Combined Application of TRIZ Methods
- Solving Real-Life Problems Brought by Participants
- Learning a TRIZ Lesson from Each TRIZ Application
For more information contact the Short Course Program Office:
email@example.com | (310) 825-3344 | fax (310) 206-2815